Friday, June 25, 2010

Has it really been a year?






Well in the time that it took me to update my blog I got pregnant and had a baby! Obviously I am not made to be a blogger mom. Here are some of the highlights of the last year:


Seth broke his leg and had to have surgery which ended our summer sales career for good…thank goodness, no offense to our summer sales friends its just that I hate constantly packing up and moving. I am so thankful to have been able to live in the same house for the last 10 months. We have never been able to live somewhere longer than four months in the last three years so this last year has been incredibly relaxing.






We moved back to Hawaii and are living in Tva, which is Byu Hawaii housing, which is shockingly blissful despite the constant infestation of bugs and lack of privacy. We live just a couple doors down from Shem and Andrea, Seth’s brother and wife which is so great because their son Tama and Sol are best friends. Those two are so funny together, they love to go on adventures around TVA without adult supervision. Sol is older and tends to be the more domineering of the two. He does what he wants and Tama follows him around trying to do exactly what Sol is doing.

Seth’s parents bought a restaurant five minutes away from our house. It is called the Kahuku Grill and serves the most delicious food, I suggest the cheeseburger if you ever get a chance to go. They also have a very handsome chef …



The boys in front of the new resturant. It truly is a family affair. All the boys work there except for Shem and Spencer, but when it gets really busy you will find them cooking in the back too.

Sol turned two and I turned 24! To celebrate Sol's birthday we took him to the zoo, he loved it. I didnt want to be running around planning a party when I was swollen and feeling like I was about to explode. So we celebrated his life just the three of us. I tried to cherish every moment the whole day, being as it was the last time Sol would have a day all to himself. For my birthday I woke up with a letter from Seth outlining everthing we were going to do that day down to the hour. Which sounds ridiculous but was kind of endearing and very cute as he tried to follow it strictly throughout the day. Basically the day consisted of shopping, going to an arcade, went to a beach we had never been to before-Ko olina and then dropped off Sol with Seth's brother and went to dinner and a movie just the two of us. It was a great day!

Seth and Sol playing at Ko olina's beach on my birthday
Our last family shot of the three of us. Coco was born the following week.

coco at 6 weeks


We had a baby girl on March 30, 2010. Her name is Coco Mitsuko Irene Hannemann. She is named after Seth and I’s grandmas. Both were amazing women and hopefully Coco will turn out like both of them. I forced her out a week earlier due to me graduating the following week. The delivery would have been perfect if my epidural had not worn off on one half of my body an hour before delivery. But I guess you cant always escape the pain of childbirth no matter how hard you try. I was in tears for the last hour trying to endure the pain all the while Seth and my sisters were there encouraging me to get through. I guess I was not the only one exhausted in the end because the first thing Seth said as soon as she came out was "I am exhausted!" and collapsed on a nearby chair. Seth hates me telling this story but I just think its too good not to share! Anyway, Coco is such a good baby and Sol is thankfully in love with her and has shown no signs of jealousy. He loves to hold her, he always says "I hold it ,I hold it mama" and then runs to the bed adjusts the pillows behind his back and holds out his hands…its so precious. Sol loves watching movies in bed before bedtime and since Coco has been born he insists on her watching beside him. He likes to put both arms around her and occasionally he will cup his hand against her face and say "mama cute cute" and then wait for me to agree... also very precious.











I graduated on Saturday April 10, 2010! Well kind of, I still have an internship this summer. But the school had me walk anway as I would be done before the next commencment which isnt until December. Andrea also graduated with me and because we have the same major and same last name we were able to sit next to eachother. I am so thankful to have her as a sister, we tend to go through the same life events together like getting married, having babies and now graduation. My family also came out to Hawaii to celebrate with us and see the new baby.









My dad bought Sol a ride on a horse at Turtle Bay. Has been the highlight of his life ever since. Is this not a pricless shot, it reminds me of a post card.






So all in all there has been alot of changes but all good ones and my little family is so happy.











7 comments:

Mia said...

Oh Momomi, excellent post. <3 :)

Meagan said...

Momi... Coco is beautiful! and I love that family photo. So cute!

THE IVERSON"S said...

I'm so glad you updated!!! I can't believe that you have a little girl and how big Sol is!! We are coming to Hawaii in December and I want to see your beautiful face and your two babies! It looks like you are doing fantastic! I miss you guys so much! I look at your blog all the time hoping that you will update and I am so glad you did! I hope you check your blog... My number is 8018216552. Please call or text me! I want to see how your doing!!! Your family and you is so beautiful. Congrats!!

sheila said...

I was so happy to see your blog updated! and it IS hard to believe it's been a year- Even though we live close, it's still too far.
Coco is as darling as ever, as well as Sol.
Our little one will come soon, hopefully in the next few days, so I'll be calling you up for some mommy of two tips.

*Laura* said...

MOMI!!! I can't believe you finally updated! im sooo glad! We have been wondering about you and having to ask around lol Coco is beautiful ans stinkin adorable! and Sol looks as cute as ever! We miss you guys! WE got out of summer sales too, believe it or not lol. And congrats on graduating! your awesome! please don't let it be another year til update!! tell seth and the babies hi and love from the taylors!

Ashley and Andy B said...

Yeah, I've been checking your blog for a year now wondering if I would get to see what is going on out there with you guys. It was such a surprise to see it was actually updated this time. Great pics? Did you take all of them? Excellent job Momi

Moni and Paul said...

MOMI I miss u, I love the photos... love you!